Mon - Sat 9:00 am to 7 pm

Call Now

Mold Inspection

Mold is Everywhere

Mold spores are ubiquitous; they are found both indoors and outdoors. Mold spores cannot be eliminated from indoor environments. Some mold spores will be found floating through the air and on settled dust; however, they will not grow if moisture is not present.

Why Be Concerned?

Mold is not usually a problem indoors—unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing.  As molds grow, they digest whatever they are growing on. Unchecked mold growth can damage buildings and furnishings; molds can rot wood, damage drywall, and eventually cause structural damage to buildings.  Mold can cause cosmetic damage, such as stains, to furnishings. The potential human health effects of mold are also a concern. It is important, therefore, to prevent mold from growing indoors.

Discovering fungi in the indoor environment raises three major concerns:

1)    the potential health effects of exposure to fungi and their byproducts;

2)    the effects of fungal contamination on the structural integrity of a building; and

3)    the negative aesthetic effects fungi can produce both visually and on the human olfactory system.

Although the issue of whether exposure to indoor fungi causes adverse health effects is controversial, there is no doubt that a seriously mold-contaminated building can suffer structural damage, and that a foul-smelling, fungus-filled building is aesthetically unpleasing.  Controversies about health effects aside, the latter two reasons are sufficient to merit a Complete Mold Inspection and remediation when an environment is found to have fungal contamination.

People who have concerns about structural damage or the aesthetic effects of indoor fungi should seek the services of a licensed mold inspector.  People who have concerns about health effects of mold exposure should seek the advice of a healthcare professional.